Author: Kristina Shea, founder of BlueSkys Life
August brings us more than halfway into the summer season (at least in Canada...)
Flowers are in full bloom, the beaches are open, the summer breeze blowing upon your face — and the sun is shining through Blue Skys!
Summer brings so many thoughts and emotions from warmth, contentment and memories made and yet to be made. With lockdown, we are exploring our own local communities and beaches with a sense of wander...
Personally, I love the time to reflect and take the time to just BE, whether on the beach looking up at the Blue Sky or in my backyard garden oasis with the summer flowers.
This past year and in particular this summer, I have been enlightened how "self-love" is essential — and not just a fluffy phrase. Taking the time for your mind to wander, to dip your toes in the wet sand, feel the sun on my body (with an SPF 30!) while making myself a priority — nurturing my mindset and my physical self-care.
This summer I have been building my WELLTH...
My Personal Wellthy Self-Love Summer Tips
- Protecting my skin from the sun on the beach, (I burn easy!) I personally love all-natural fibres like a Mulberry Sustainable Silk Kimono.
- Hydrating your sun-kissed skin with all Natural Shea Butter, like our Cocoa, Lavender, Lemongrass or Orange Bergamot Shea Body Butters
- Restoring and replenishing your luscious locks with an all Natural Hair Reconstructor.
- Blending my favourite Skin-Food smoothies in my sustainable BlueSkys Life Coconut Bowls + Bamboo Cups + Bamboo Straws and sitting on the beach
Beauty Sleep + Self-Love Incantations
- Re-establishing my Self-Love sleep routine with my Love-Infused Bath Bombs
- whilst sipping my Blue Lotus Dreams Tea (which contain a Self-Love Incantation in each pouch).
Summer is a perfect time to embrace and reclaim SELF-LOVE for your mind, body + soul...
Love + Light
Founder, BlueSkys Life